It depends on whose numbers you want to believe, but roughly 95% of our behavior is beyond our conscious awareness. Your subconscious files away your memories, experiences, perceptions, and insights; maintaining them far beyond the recollection of your conscious mind.
These past experiences and revelations have a tremendous impact on your beliefs, habits, and general behavior.
Programming your subconscious mind is a powerful tool for altering your behavior!
By using these strategies, you can help program your mind to benefit your mind, body, and soul:
Everyone is familiar with affirmations. These are positive statements that you repeat to yourself each day. Affirmations can be powerful, but they must be used correctly:
- Avoid affirmations that are clearly untrue. Your subconscious is flexible, but it’s not willing to seriously consider the ridiculous. Repeating, “I am a billionaire,” is too factually untrue to be accepted by your subconscious. However, “My financial situation is improving rapidly” is easier for your mind to swallow and digest. One way I personally use affirmations is by speaking out loud my plans and routines for the next day. I will wake up at 6 am, drink water, and go for a walk. I will work on my business from 9 am till 1 pm with complete focus and then take a lunch break etc…. So it doesn’t always have to be something on the emotional side. Either way, these types of affirmations open up a new space in your mind that alters your current identity into a more focused version of yourself.
- Use imagery and emotions to really sell it. See yourself as fit, financially successful, or selling your first novel. Imagine what your life will look like. What does your day look like? What does it feel like? What does it smell like? Generate in your mind, the sensation that you would have in the situations you want to experience.
- Repeat your affirmations 3 sessions per day for 5-10 minutes each. Right before falling asleep, right after awakening, and an opportune time during the day are ideal times. For example, if you want to strengthen your confidence, repeat the affirmations when you’re feeling self-doubt.
- This can also be running over your plans again for the day. Once the night before and then again once in the morning to help you stay focused and envision yourself carrying out the tasks.
- Subliminal Technology
There is software available that flashes subliminal messages on your computer screen. These programs can run all day long without your awareness. You can use the affirmations included with the software or write your own.
- There are also audio programs with positive messages embedded in the music beyond our ability to consciously recognize.
- There’s a lot of controversy surrounding the use of these programs. Since so many are available for free, why not give them a try for a month. See what happens.
- Personal Development Content While Walking
Together, these two activities are a powerhouse when it comes to reprogramming your mind. Moving your body alters and heightens your state of being. As you listen to podcasts and audiobooks, you will raise your associations. You will learn from people who have a higher identity than you, and by consuming their content you are raising your own personal identity.
- Doing both of these activities together helps you save time and it can also help your mind flow with ideas.
Meditation is a great way of concentrating your focus. Meditation creates a mental state that opens the mind to new ideas. Meditation can be learned quite effectively from books and videos. It does require practice to become skilled, so this isn’t a quick fix. The great thing is, you can meditate while doing anything. You can meditate the traditional way, with your eyes closed and sitting quietly, or you can also meditate while you walk while practicing mindfulness and being present.
If you’re good at visualizing, you can convince your subconscious of nearly anything. A convincing visualization is viewed by your subconscious as an actual experience. For example, if you visualize yourself giving successful speeches, then your subconscious will become convinced that this is a skill you possess. This will help boost your self-confidence when carrying out the activities you want to excel in. Your mind doesn’t know what is real or fake, so by imagining yourself doing well in these activities, you are likely to perform them well in real life because your mind thinks you have already done this before.
- Visualization does not mean that you don’t have to put in the effort or work to achieve your goals. There is no willing something into existence. However, when you visualize something you create more focus and can help yourself take specific actions to bring those visions into fruition.
We are only aware of a tiny portion of what our brain is doing at any moment.
Our brains are dealing with far too much information for our conscious mind to process. The brain is controlling body temperature, blood pressure, pulse, digestion, concentrations of various salts, neurotransmitters, hormones, and far more sensory data than we’re aware of.
The same is true for our behavior. In theory, the subconscious mind controls 95% of our behavior. It only makes sense to address this 95%. There are several ways to program the subconscious. Pick one and see what you can accomplish!
If you liked this blog post, you’ll LOVE our Free E-book
How You Communicate Affects Your Health
Here’s what you will discover inside:
☑️ The research behind how the quality of your relationships impact your health
☑️How communication affects your brain
☑️How communication affects your body
☑️Two types of self-awareness that will change the way you think about communication